Top 10 Things to do in Sedgefield
- Paragliding - ‘Fly with the Birds' - Sedgefield is a veritable paragliding mecca with no shortage
of breathtaking flight spots. Drive up to Cloud 9 for a spectacular view. See how the paragliders
take off and enjoy the breeze in your hair.
- Wild Oats Community Farmers` Market - Sedgefield is renowned for the award winning Wild Oats
Community Farmers` Market every Saturday, so why not start your day, with the farmers and
local product owners and experience organic produce, the vibe & the unique people. Get the
best breakfast in town while you catch up on the local gossip.
- Scarab Village - is Sedgefield’s one-stop arts and craft market on the scenic Garden Route in South Africa where the visitor can browse through the permanent Scarab Paper and Craft Centre, visit the Saturday Craft Market or enjoy a French-Moroccan bistro-style meal at Café François. You will definitely take home the perfect gift!
- Mountain Biking - Get active and cycle the rolling hills, phenomenal fynbos
and dunes. Panoramic views of Sedgefield on these routes make a perfect start-off point for
both road and mountain bikers.
- The Moonlight Meander- New Moon and Full Moon are the times to experience the unique
exposure to the intrigue of Life in the Intertidal Zone. The Low Spring Tide exposes areas usually
hidden from sight ...and JUDY reveals the mysteries of the amazing creatures living there.
- Birding - Don't forget to bring your binoculars to view the varied bird life in our area, at the
two bird hides along the lakes. Take a guided walk and enjoy this abundant bird life.
- Gericke`s Point – who can resist a picture of the “lion” like rock formation with foaming
waves crashing around it? It is our version of the Egyptian sphinx!
- Highest Fossil Sand Dunes in SA - These dunes were formed over two million years ago and
over time have been eroded to steep cliffs showing distinct layers and patterns caused by
water, wind and sand erosion.
- Adventure Sports – Blokarts, paragliding, wakeboarding, kite surfing, wakeskating – giving
you all the adrenalin you require and more!
- Hiking - There are a number of awesome walking trails in the town and the surrounds. You
choose how strenuous you want your walks to be and the various eco systems around Sedgefield provides ample opportunity to enjoy being spoiled for choice.
Sedgefield Promotional Video